The FIA Market Technology Division will hold their 2nd Annual Cyber & Operational Resilience Workshop to coincide with the 34th Annual Futures and Options Expo on the afternoon of Tuesday, October 16, 2018 at the Hilton Chicago.
This year’s workshop will be open to industry professionals interested in cybersecurity and business continuity within the futures industry. We encourage industry professionals from different backgrounds to attend the workshop to provide their own insight and perspective. Registration is open to individuals at FIA member firms.
A cyber-related event will be presented that potentially poses systemic risk to the futures markets and participants, involving several fictitious industry entities. We aim to provide a compelling and engaging exercise that involves an interactive moderated presentation, followed by breakout sessions for group discussion regarding the impact of the disruption, the potential responses, and resolutions, concluding with a panel discussion on the lessons learned from the exercise.
The workshop is intended to discuss points such as:
- Due diligence obligations when utilizing key service providers;
- Operational risks for FCMs dealing with a large number of trade breaks;
- The escalation path from IT to senior management and incident response teams, as well as notification with front-office, client service, risk, legal, compliance, treasury and operations teams;
- Identifying staff and skillsets to address the impacts from such a disruption;
- Emergency communications and collaboration between exchanges, clearing houses, FCMs, key service providers, and customers;
- When does an incident become serious enough to escalate to market regulators?
The FIA Market Technology Division will hold a post-mortem conference call on Thursday, November 1, 2018 to discuss lessons learned from the workshop, and elicit your feedback on areas that the industry can collectively improve upon.
This event is open to individuals at all FIA Member firms.
FIA Members: $20
Pre-registration is closed. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.